May the lack of money not surprise you by the end of the fortnight! We know that maintaining a car can sometimes be very costly between paying for maintenance service, faults that may arise and the cost of gasoline. TOTAL Quartz Lubricantes gives you the best benefits and we present 10 tips to save fuel.
According to industry sources, low-inflated tires reduce fuel economy by up to 2% for every pound of pressure loss. If your tires are not sufficiently swollen, the engine will have to make more effort to move the vehicle. Remember that tires can indicate inaccurate reading because the accumulation of heat increases their pressure. Check the air pressure of the tires when they have not been used to drive more than a mile. Make sure that the tires are inflated according to the user’s manual. If you swell excessively, it will be harder for you to drive and save fuel.
You may read also:SEVEN PROFITABLE POSSIBLE BUSINESS WITH CARS
- Do not step on the accelerator to start. Gone are the cars that went with a carburetor, the technology allows you to start a car without it being necessary to accelerate it to start it. So that does save fuel.
- It is recommended to go to the second speed immediately after starting (around 2,000 revolutions) because of the speed increases and the force that the car needs also. It can save fuel.
- Make the speed changes accordingly, do not wait for the engine to overstress, change the speed as you go and drive faster for saving fuel.
- Pressing the accelerator to the bottom consumes a lot of fuel, so it is advisable to take advantage of the inertia of the car and operate it gently to save fuel.
- Avoid braking in the dry, maintain uniform speed will keep you instability as well as save fuel, brakes and other things.
- Accelerate progressively, with this you will only consume the fuel that is needed to increase speed. If you accelerate suddenly you will force the engine to go faster and therefore you will need more gasoline to perform this effort.
- When you can, close the windows and sunroof so you avoid the formation of turbulence and friction that cause your vehicle to make a greater effort to move forward.
- Control extra weight. At higher load, your car has to make more strength to walk and with it take more fuel that drives it.
- Turn off the engine if you stop for more than a minute, the fuel consumption during idling is considerably high, 0.5 and 0.7 liters per hour.
- Perform maintenance service continuously, if you perform a cleaning engine and an oil change when your car needs it will make it work optimally and efficiently, remember that engine failure can cause an increase in no save fuel consumption.
Finally, that reason it is convenient to remember the 10 best tips to maximize the use of the vehicle and, incidentally, save fuel with simple actions when driving a car. Changing some bad habits in driving can mean a saving of up to 15 percent of fuel.