If you offer products or services to another company, it is necessary that you prepare a business proposal. You can prepare a business proposal in response to a request for proposal, which is a document that companies or government agencies send when they have a particular problem that they need help with. A business proposal should identify the problem, propose a solution and explain why you are the best person to solve the problem. A business proposal is not a business plan, which is a different document. Read more: 7 keys to generate a good and new business idea
What is a business proposal?
A business proposal will gather all the information necessary to evaluate and successfully carry out a business, whatever your market.
Develop it, it is vital to thoroughly recognize where you are getting. Maybe, what you see now as the goose that lays the golden eggs, is nothing more than a broody hen (which does not lay eggs for all those who do not know what I. Start the business proposal.
Read the request for proposal carefully
You can submit a business proposal in response to a business request. Large companies and government agencies send business requests when they need goods or services. For example, a company that has been sued can send a request for proposal to different law firms to ask them to submit a business proposal. Alternatively, the government can send a request for proposal when it needs to buy supplies of a product. The request for proposal must contain certain information that you must fully understand before preparing the business proposal.
- Make sure you can meet the client’s requirements as specified in the proposal request. For example, if you can not keep the budget or meet the client’s time frame, then you should not submit a proposal.
- It is not necessary that you present a business proposal in response to a request for proposal. Instead, you can approach the company that you think may require your services.
You must try that the business proposal responds to the real needs of the client. This means that you must understand the client and clear up any confusion that is included in the request for proposal. You should always put yourself in the client’s shoes and try to see the problem from his perspective. To help in the process, you should call and get answers to the following questions:
- If previous attempts have been made to address the problem, why did they fail?
- What criteria will the client use when evaluating a business proposal?
- What concerns does the organization have?
- What are the operational policies of the organization? You must ensure that your proposal is consistent with these policies.
Format the document
You must try to make your business proposal readable. This means that the font should have a style and size that the reader feels comfortable with. In general, you can use Times New Roman, 12 points.
- You can also search for samples of proposals used in your industry. Write sample business proposal and then “your industry” in the search engine of your choice.
- There are also templates of business proposals online. Using one can make your proposal look professional.
Add a page title
You must have a page title as the cover of the business proposal. The page title must include the following information:
- your name
- the name of the company
- the name of the person to whom you submit the proposal
- the date on which you submitted the proposal
Mention the problem or the need of the company
A business proposal identifies a problem and proposes a solution. Consequently, you should start by identifying the client’s problem in a simple and clear language.Explain why the current situation is problematic for the client.
For example, you can write “Taking into account that the Muscles gym continues to grow and hire more employees, the company requires an accounting and payroll management service. Currently, management is responsible for accounting, to which he dedicates more and more time. By outsourcing this task, management can focus on other business priorities, such as marketing or penetration into new markets. “
If necessary, provide the context
It is likely that you should explain the context so that the reader understands the proposal. For example, you may have to identify the following information for the reader:
- If a previous solution has been tried and has failed.
- If someone has called you to write the business proposal.
- How did you get involved in the project or did you notice the problem?
Define any key term
Although you should write the business proposal in a simple and clear language, there may be terms that you need to define for the reader. Remember that you can present your business proposal to a purchasing department that understands the jargon of the industry. However, the person making the final decision may not be familiar with the terms of the industry.
You can draw up the business proposal first and then review it to identify any terms that may be unclear to the reader.
It also defines the terms you use in a peculiar way. For example, the term “fiscal year” can be defined in many ways, depending on the business.
Offers a road map for the proposal
If you have a long business proposal, then you should probably offer a general description of the content after the introduction. You can summarize the parts that follow.
For example, you can write “This business proposal has four parts. After the introduction, we offer the proposed solution, the calendar and an explanation of the benefits in the second part. In the third part, we provide a detailed budget and a set of standard contract terms. Finally, in the fourth part, we summarize our experience and confirm that the proposed solution is the correct course of action “.
your new company is your dream. For many, the business proposal is the key element that ties that dream to reality. A well-researched and thoughtful proposal can not only help you secure new clients for the start of your business, but also allows you to rethink your original vision so that you can become more organized, better prepared and, ultimately, more successful than what you would have been.
- It may interest you 5 ideas to improve your personal brand as an entrepreneur