Natural remedies-Something as simple as drinking enough water and staying properly hydrated with dejected green can help us purify toxins and avoid contracting colds and other diseases.
In times of change of season, with variable temperatures, colds are frequent. Fortunately, we can prevent them naturally, with the regular consumption of some foods and supplements.
Today there is no drug that allows us to avoid colds. Once we grab them, we can alleviate their symptoms with classic pain relievers to ease headaches or lower fever.
Can you prevent colds?
Although there are many different viruses that can cause colds, the truth is that the most common is the rhinovirus. However, the virus is not the only cause of the cold. Indeed, before suffering from this disease, different factors usually coincide:
- Temperature changes in the body.
- Imbalances in diet and digestive system.
- Emotional upsets.
From this point of view, colds are somewhat more complex than a simple virus. In addition, we can easily verify this when not all people in the same family or environment suffer from it despite being in contact.
In any case, although colds are usually mild and last a few days, it is best to prevent them naturally.
The 10 best natural remedies
If the lemon is medicinal, its peeling is even more so. All the properties of the lemon pulp are found multiplied in its peeling. However, it is better to buy organic lemons that are free of pesticides, waxes and any other chemical that may harm us.
- We can consume the peeling in smoothies, grated in salads and stews, or in infusions.
- We can also freeze it to use it gradually and it does not spoil.
One of the best natural antibiotics is propels, since it stimulates our own defenses against any type of infection.
As a preventive measure, we can take 5 drops on an empty stomach every morning.
If we are already suffering the first symptoms we can take them every hour until we notice improvement.
The Echinacea is an herb that prevents and reduces the symptoms of the common cold, for example, fever and mucus.
However, Echinacea cannot be taken in any way or for a long period of time, as it could be harmful.
We recommend taking it for 15 days and then resting for 3 months.
It is not recommended if you suffer from an autoimmune disease.
The robotics, taken in supplement form, is live microorganisms that remain in our intestine and improve the intestinal micro biota, which is related to our immune system.
Therefore, to prevent colds, we must have a healthy flora and take robotics on a regular basis.
The Vitamin C is one of the best supplements you can take to strengthen our health and prevent any disease.
- Today, it is easily accessible. Of course, do not overdo it, nothing is good in excess. In addition, it is recommended to consume it through food and not through vitamin supplements.
- Vitamin C stimulates the production of lymphocytes and our immune system in general.
Cinnamon and honey
This combination of cinnamon and honey is an excellent remedy to stimulate our body naturally and to expel cold from the body, which is one of the factors that favor the appearance of colds.
This medicinal blend fights all kinds of bacteria and prevents and treats throat conditions.
We can take a tablespoon (25 g) every day, alone or mixed with a drink or infusion, preferably on an empty stomach.
Garlic is another of the best natural antibiotics. However, for it to have this virtue we must consume it raw. If we do not digest it well or do not like it, we can buy it in capsules. Its effect will be the same as long as we take it on an empty stomach.
- Gargles of hot water with honey and lemon: they never fail. They are ideal for relieving sore throats, deflating and slightly reducing mucus. Do not hesitate to do them two to three times a day.
- Nasal flushes with saline: You can find this serum in pharmacies, although you can also prepare it with water and salt. It is worth trying it during the first days of a cold. Later it is not so indicated.
- Eucalyptus vapors and salt: another remedy as effective as it is simple. You only have to heat a liter of water and add some eucalyptus leaves and a tablespoon of salt. Put a towel over your head and inhale calmly.
- Ginger infusion: medicinal, relaxing and a very suitable home remedy. Ginger will allow you to reduce throat inflammation, as well as reduce mucus in the respiratory system. You can prepare infusions or season your soups with it.
The green smoothies, which are made with fruits and green leafy vegetables, are an ideal food to improve our overall health, since they provide us with a large amount of vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and fiber.
We must not underestimate the simplest and cheapest habit when it comes to improving our health: drinking at least one and a half liters of water every day. Also, it is better if you drink on an empty stomach and outside of meals.
On the other hand, remember that if it is very hot or we are going to exercise, we should reach up to two liters.
Avoid closed spaces where there are many people
A closed space with refrigeration and a high density of people is the perfect focus to end up catching a virus. If you are forced to use public transport, it is important that you consider the following:
- Avoid touching common places: railings or armrests. If you have to hold on, try not to put your hand to your mouth later.
- Take some antibacterial hand gel in your bag.
In any case, you should bear in mind that the best way to avoid catching a cold is to maintain a healthy life throughout the year. That is, carry out regular physical exercise, eat a balanced diet and have healthy visa habits. Don’t forget to stay well hydrated and get enough rest.