In addition to resorting to the application of this anti-inflammatory lotion, to avoid pain it is also important to avoid forcing the affected area and perform stretches to promote recovery.
Pains in the muscles and joints are symptoms that often appear due to injuries, nutritional deficiencies or over stress during activities of high physical demand.
Although they are more common among adults, due to the deterioration related to age, many young people suffer from it recurrently.
And is that, although some overlooked, sedentary lifestyle, poor diet and other bad habits are potential triggers of these ailments.
- Fortunately, in addition to the analgesic drugs sold in the market, there are solutions of natural origin that can facilitate their treatment.
- These alternatives are chemical-free and, unlike conventional products, are cheaper and can be used regularly.
- In this opportunity we want to share the prescription of an anti-inflammatory lotion that, applied externally, effectively calms these symptoms.
Anti-inflammatory lotion to soothe the pain of your muscles and joints
The anti-inflammatory and analgesic lotion that we want to propose next is an alternative product that, applied externally, can reduce pain in the muscles and joints.
It combines the properties of ginger and cayenne pepper, two therapeutic ingredients that for years have been popularized for their positive effects against common ailments.
Benefits of ginger
Ginger root is a popular ingredient in alternative natural medicine, not only for its analgesic power, but also for its digestive, anti-inflammatory and detoxifying properties.
- It concentrates a high amount of essential oils, vitamins and minerals that, after assimilating in the organism, help to prevent a wide variety of diseases.
- Its main active compound, ginger, provides a powerful anti-inflammatory effect that helps to reduce various types of muscular ailments and joints.
- It is recommended to improve circulation in the extremities , especially in cases of arthritis, lesions or varicose veins.
- It is ideal to stimulate lymphatic function and eliminate retained fluids and toxins.
Benefits of cayenne pepper
Cayenne pepper is an ingredient widely used in gastronomy and natural medicine.
- It stands out for its high content of antioxidant substances that, both internally and externally, diminish the negative effects of free radicals.
- It concentrates a substance known as capsaicin, which gives it antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
How to prepare this anti-inflammatory lotion?
To prepare this homemade anti-inflammatory lotion we will combine the mentioned ingredients with the prodigious olive oil.
The latter facilitates its application on the skin and enhances the mentioned benefits .
- 4 tablespoons grated ginger (40 g)
- 3 tablespoons of cayenne pepper (30 g)
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil (200 g)
- Heat-resistant container
- Wooden spoon
- Strainer or cloth filter
- Glass jar with lid
- Pour the grated ginger and cayenne pepper into a heat-resistant bowl.
- Cover them with the cup of olive oil and stir them with a wooden spoon so that they integrate well.
- Heat the product in a water bath and, when it boils, reduce the heat. And leave it for about 40 minutes.
- After this time, let the lotion cool for a few minutes and pass it through a strainer or cloth filter.
- Wrap it in a glass jar with a lid and put it in a cool, dark place.
- Application mode
- Put a little lotion on the palms of your hands and apply it on the painful areas with gentle massages.
- Make circular movements, for 3 or 5 minutes, until you feel a slight sensation of heat.
- You can leave the product without rinsing; however, if the smell bothers you, wash it with neutral soap after 30 or 40 minutes.
- Use it before going to bed, every day, to calm the ailment.
- If the pain is severe, apply it up to 3 times a day.
- Keep in mind that, to relieve pain effectively. It is necessary to rest and avoid heavy loads or activities of high physical impact.